Templates are a great tool to help make capturing with the CaptureCast Pro as easy as possible. But what are they and why should you use them?
- With templates, you are able to save a series of settings for your captures including what will be captured and how.
- You will be able to name each template created and give it a description for its intended purpose to better organize and reduce duplication.
- When you create a template you will setup the Media Canvas for the capture which entails arranging the video sources onto a customized screen. This will be your mux/mix video file.
Create or Update
- To create a template, select the New Template button at the top right of the Templates page.
- If you already have a template created and wish to edit it, go to the far right of the chosen template and select the Cog. A new menu will appear allowing you to edit the template
- The same options are available whether creating or updating a template. The only difference will be that to update you will need an existing template to work on.
Create New Template
Give your Template a name and a brief description.
We highly recommend that under the Devices page of our UI that you assign Alias Names to all of your audio and video devices.
- Audio: This drop down menu contains all available audio devices. This will be a mix between Dedicated Sound Card and Embedded Audio
- Video: Select whichever video devices you would like to use by checkmarking the box Use this device next to each Video Device
- Each selected individual source will create a separate video file with the users preference for Audio, Size, Preset(encoding quality), Tune (video effect), FPS and Bitrate Controls.
The Media Canvas allows users to create a customized layout.
To create click the Media Canvas button.
- Add available video devices or images to the Media Canvas by pressing the black plus sign to the right of each source from the given list on the left.
- To remove a video or picture, just select the black minus on either the video or device panel.
- The Upload Images button will allow you to set images within your presentation for a much more professional and branded look.
- As video sources are chosen, you can resize and position them in any way you want using the handle on the bottom right.
- You have to 2 options on how to resize the videos within the canvas. Adjusting the size will stay within aspect ratio to avoid any distortion
- On the far right bottom corner of each video source within the canvas you will see 3 white lines. Click and drag to resize the video file.
- On the left side Info pane you can adjust the size manually using a specific size.
In this example, our canvas is set to 1920x1080 Dimensions. We have added all 4 video source to the canvas. We want to set them up in a perfect quadrant. You can set each video source to 961px x 541px. Entering 961 in the first size field will automatically adjust the second field for you and vise versa.
- You can also mouse over a video device to see the device name, position on the canvas, and size.
- To change a videos layering just select the desired video and move the layer slider to the correct position.
- Change the background color of the Media Canvas by clicking in the color box under Background and selecting a color from the color selection tool.
If you wish to change the size of the current canvas, at the very bottom of the Media Canvas you will find a Dimensions drop down with a variety of resolution sizes, including a custom size which you can adjust yourself.
Note: You must have at least one audio or video source selected to be able to go to the Media Canvas. But audio captures alone will not show the media canvas
From this tab you are able to adjust the Scene Change Detector sensitivity and enable the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) features. * Scene Change Detection: Using the slider you can adjust the percentage of change to detect before a new slide is created. * OCR: Any text presented in the capture(Ex. Powerpoint) will be captured and saved.
In this section you can select where you want to publish your capture sessions after they have completed.
Note: We always recommend that you select Storage by default on all templates. This will save your capture session to the local hard drive of the unit. If Storage is not selected and after your session you lose power, have network issues or any other environmental issues the session will be lost and unrecoverable. * You must select at least one publishing source before the Template can be saved. * Once you checkmark the publisher you'd like to send your capture sessions to the UI will display the form requesting the required information. Keep in mind that if you have already used or added your account previously you can click on the Use Saved Configuration button and select the account you'd like to use from the list.
If you need help with finding the right information for setup please visit our support portal at catturavideo.zendesk.com and look under Integration, Kaltura Integration and Live Streamingcategories.